Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I use a HP Photosmart printer to print on PVC paper?

I want to make LEGAL id cards for my business, however, before I insert pvc in my printer, I want to make sure it will work properly. Will the paper clog my printer? Also, will the ink rub off? Thanks.Can I use a HP Photosmart printer to print on PVC paper?
It depends on what model you have. I would think that PVC would be a challenge with an inkjet as ink can not dry on a none porous surface - which PVC is.





Try what the first poster suggested and see if your manual lists PVC down as a printable source for it. If not then I would not risk it as I suspect the ink will rub off as you queried.Can I use a HP Photosmart printer to print on PVC paper?
If you dont want to risk your printer's life, then


ask on n HP forum. They'll answer you the best. Else, just go and try! At most, the paper would get stuck in it, and u'll have to manually get it out
Check your printer's manual to see if it will accept PVC paper. Alternativeley, contact HP support
  • oper
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment