Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I get the exact color displayed on PC screen to print from HP D7650 printer exact?

I am trying to restore old photos and when I achieve the results I want, my printer is shades off from what is diplayed on the screen. I have a new computer with Windows Vista software. My ink supplies are adequate, the photo paper is of high standard and and I select ';Best'; print to achieve a high quality photo. The result is a great photo but the color is no where near what I worked to get.How do I get the exact color displayed on PC screen to print from HP D7650 printer exact?
The monitor works on an RGB Spectrum and the printer works on a CMYK spectrum. Sadly the colors almost never match exactly, If you can, in your print properties set up different color profiles by printing a small colour block and adjusting the saturation's to match what is on the screen. Do this for every shade that is in the cartridge. (the color profiles can be found in your advanced print properties.)





If you are printing black and white photos it may serve you well to get a photo grey cartridge. (no. 59) Normal greyscale printing uses colours, not shades of grey which results in an often reddish or green toned photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment