Saturday, December 26, 2009

How Can I print onto a DVD disc using a HP printer??

I have a HP officejet printer and would like to know how to use it to print onto a inkjet printable dvd?? Does anyone know how to do it or where I can find the information I need to be able to do it?How Can I print onto a DVD disc using a HP printer??
Whatever you do DO NOT use printable adhesive labels on your discs! I've heard of lots of problems with them. Basically, they heat up in the drive and the adhesive softens causing the disc to be off balance. You'll get read errors and perhaps the label itself jamming your drive. I have an Epson R340 that prints on discs. It does a great job and if you buy generic ink carts it's cheap to print too. The R260 is under $85.How Can I print onto a DVD disc using a HP printer??
Unless your printer is equipped to do it, you can't.


Buy non-printable discs, and with the money you save, buy labels ;-)
Hi Pink,





Sorry - you can't use an HP office jet to print directly on a DVD.





Those printable DVDs are for printers that have a special rack to hold the CDs %26amp; DVDs.





What you can do is print on labels and apply them to the printable DVD. I had an Epson that printed directly on DVDs but the cost of ink was killing me. I switched to an HP and used paper labels on the printable DVDs I had. They worked fine.





Norm
You can't, only epsons can print direct to DVD. It is a feature that no HP printer has.
The only way I know to print onto a dvd is by using a lightscribe dvd drive, but I imagine there could be another way.


You may be able to download a program that will print designs and labels onto a decal that you would then peel off and place onto a dvd.
Not with your officejet, but this printer will do the trick for you.





http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?product_code=Q7091A%23ABA%26amp;template_type=product_detail%26amp;aoid=1028
You'll have to buy the labels and print on those. I'm not sure if HP has gotten a printer in wide circulation yet that can print directly on a CD. Epson had the U.S. patent for this for a number of years. The patent just recently expired, so look for Canon and HP to fight back (Canon already does it in Europe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment